Do you still have clothes that you’ve had for a long time and want to get rid off but have no clue on how to? ThredUP is a reliable way and easy way to get rid of unwanted clothes. It allows you to sell your clothes, earn money; and donate your clothes to charity.
How Does ThredUP work?
- Order a clean out kit, (a donation kit or sell kit) it’s for free with no shipping cost.
- Choose to have a free shipping label sent to your email or a bag to put your clothes in.
- If you choose the bag it comes through the mail with a prepaid shipping label.
- Once you’ve filled the bag with your clothing,
- Drop the bag off/ mail to your shipping carrier for it to be inspected.
- Then you’re done.
What you need to know when Selling clothes:
- Clothes have to be of good quality.
- Clothes have to still have brand labels.
- Clothes have to be less than 5 Years old.
- The kit comes with a guide on how to make sure your clothes are in excellent quality such as how to remove different types of stains.
- Get rid of lint on materials that tend to collect lint such as sweaters.
- They don’t take formal gowns only tops, shoes, jeans, outerwear and activewear.
- You will receive a payout for the selling kit if clothes are accepted.
What you need to know when donating clothes:
- Make sure your clothes are good quality.
- No missing labels
- You get to choose what charity you want to support.
- ThredUP donates money to the charity you choose to support
- You won’t receive payout for the donation kit.
- Not over 5 years old
- You can donate formal gowns
Benefits of using ThredUP
Last Year they saved:
- 10 billion gallons of water.
- 128 Million pounds of CO2, which equals 8,111 households’ yearly electricity use.
- You can also donate through ThredUP to help support charities
- You can thrift at their store and get some of the best brands at a cheaper price. Check out their website, Use my link for $10 off when shopping.